Get the latest from TODAY
Actress Heather Locklear’s driving under the influence case has been dismissed after the actress pled to a lesser offense, Access Hollywood has confirmed.
The matter was heard early Friday morning in a Santa Barbara courthouse, where Locklear’s attorney, Blair Berk, entered a no-contest plea to a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving.
As a result of the plea, Berk told Access the former “Melrose Place” star must pay a $700 fine, attend a 12-hour drug education program and be placed on three years probation.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com,Locklear had been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence of prescription drugs following her arrest on Sept. 28. Locklear was reportedly pulled over by police officer after she was seen “driving erratically” upon leaving a parking lot.
At the time, a representative for the Santa Barbara district attorney’s office told Access there was no alcohol or illegal narcotics in Locklear’s system, only prescription medication.
Locklear was not present at Friday’s court hearing.