IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Lindsay Lohan Starts Home Detention Today

Say goodbye to the party scene, Lindsay Lohan--at least for a little while.
/ Source: E!online

Say goodbye to the party scene, Lindsay Lohan--at least for a little while.

The troubled starlet has begun serving her stint under house arrest after surrendering this morning at Los Angeles' Lynwood Jail, L.A. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore confirms to E! News.

According to Whitmore, the 24-year-old actress turned herself in at approximately 5:02 a.m. Loahn was then fitted with an ankle-monitoring bracelet after police determined she was eligible for the home detention program--which aims to reduce the prison population by allowing non-violent offenders to serve out their sentences in home confinement.

Lindsay will now spend a little over a month chilling at home under strict monitoring by authorities as the result of her no-contest plea in her necklace-jacking case.

That transgression was also a violation of her probation in her 2007 DUI and drug case. But since the alleged theft was downgraded last month from a felony to a misdemeanor, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner agreed not to give Lohan any additional time in the county jail above the 120 days she received in April at her sentencing for the probation snafu.

The actress, who has been spotted at various Los Angeles nightclubs lately as well as frolicking on Miami Beach, had until June 17 to report for her house arrest. A source tells E! News that "Lindsay wanted to get it over with so it doesn't impact her Gotti role."

That would be the Barry Levinson-directed mob drama Lohan signed on for that would see her playing Kim Gotti, John Gotti Jr.'s wife opposite an all-star cast that includes John Travolta, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and Kelly Preston.

In addition to her house arrest, which ends June 29, LiLo must perform 480 hours of community service at a downtown L.A. women's shelter and performing janitorial work at the county morgue. She was also placed on three years of formal probation.

--Reporting by Ken Baker and Maureen Heaton

GALLERY: Court Appearances