IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Lil Wayne "Free at Last" Following "Special Precautions" by Jail Guards

UPDATE: At 2:35 p.m. ET, Weezy tweeted the following: "aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk"________
/ Source: E!online

UPDATE: At 2:35 p.m. ET, Weezy tweeted the following: "aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk"________

Lil Wayne's been sprung.

The rapper's out of solitary and back in the real world after serving eight months of his one-year gun sentence at New York's Rikers Island, the New York Department of Corrections confirms to E! News.

But because of his high profile,Wayne wasn't let loose according to the jail's norms.

So what special precautions were taken to slip him out under the radar?

MORE: What did President Clinton have to say about Wayne yesterday?

Well, according to a DOC spokesman, the normally 75-100 prisoners released daily are loaded on buses and taken to a courthouse, where their loved ones or friends meet them for pickup.

Not the case with Wayne.

"He left according to standard procedures in a correction vehicle, but not with others," said the department rep. "It's unusual in the sense that if you have a high-profile inmate, you have to transport him individually. It's a modification of our standard procedure. In this case different arrangements were made because of his extraordinarily high profile. He was dropped at an undisclosed location and met by his associates."

Weezy is headed to Miami for a welcome home party, said his longtime manager, Cortez Bryant, who tweeted "FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!"

The DOC spokesman added that the whole operation went incredibly "smooth" and Wanye, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., left the jail "sometime prior to 9 a.m."

To his relief, we're sure.

"I was never scared, worried nor bothered by the situation," Lil Wayne said Tuesday through, a website he set up to communicate with his fans from jail.

Wayne, who also released a Billboard No. 1 album last month, I Am Not a Human Being, had spent the tail end of his prison sentence in "punitive segregation," i.e., solitary, as punishment for sneaking headphones and a charger for an MP3 player into his cell earlier this year. He spent 23 hours a day alone in there until this morning, when he most likely discovered he had a new friend--in, well, the highest place.

President Bill Clinton yesterday had called him "smart, " saying he hopes he'll never land behind bars again.

"This guy's smart. And he's got abilities. And he's got a new chance now. And what I hope is that this is not just something to brand him as a cool guy, but that it'll never happen again to him," Clinton said during an interview, adding that he hoped he "has a good life now."

We're sure he's already started to.

MORE: Check out these celebs in our Mug-Shot Mania pics!