Kylie Minogue, who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, will resume her postponed world tour in November, her Australian tour manager said Thursday.
Michael Gudinski, managing director of the Frontier Touring Co., popped a champagne cork at a media event to announce a series of concerts in Australia, saying he had just returned from meetings with the 38-year-old singer in London.
“She’s definitely through the worst of everything, she’s so determined and she can’t wait to see you all,” Gudinski said. “Obviously she’s still got a few mountains to climb, but we’re very, very confident that the tour will be going ahead in November.”
Minogue had completed dates on her “The Showgirl Tour” in Europe and was heading to Australia for homecoming concerts when she was diagnosed with cancer in May 2005.
She underwent surgery to remove a lump from her breast and is reportedly still undergoing cancer treatment.
Gudinski said the Nov. 11-Dec. 17 concert series in Australia would be renamed the “Showgirl Homecoming” tour and that Minogue’s work commitments would be lighter because of her illness.
Minogue is known for hits such as “The Loco-Motion.” She won a Grammy Award in 2004 for dance recording for “Come Into My World.”