IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Judge delays start of Busta Rhymes trial

Busta Rhymes has a new court date. A judge Wednesday postponed the rapper’s trial until November after the prosecutor and the defense lawyer said they were not ready to begin. Rhymes was ordered to appear in court Nov. 7 for hearings on charges of attacking two men, driving drunk and driving with a suspended license. The 35-year-old hip-hop star (real name: Trevor Smith) has rejected a plea deal
/ Source: The Associated Press

Busta Rhymes has a new court date.

A judge Wednesday postponed the rapper’s trial until November after the prosecutor and the defense lawyer said they were not ready to begin.

Rhymes was ordered to appear in court Nov. 7 for hearings on charges of attacking two men, driving drunk and driving with a suspended license.

The 35-year-old hip-hop star (real name: Trevor Smith) has rejected a plea deal that would have given him a year in jail.

He is accused of beating a fan and kicking a former employee last year, and also faces charges of driving with a suspended license and driving drunk.

Rhymes, known for eye-catching outfits and an antic performance style, was dressed in a conservative medium-gray suit, a lighter gray shirt and a patterned gray tie during his court appearance. He left in a large SUV.

His hits include “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See,” “Dangerous” and “Touch It.” He also has appeared in movies, including “Shaft” and “Finding Forrester.”