Did we call it, or did we call it?
Just a couple weeks after Elisabetta Canalis publicly vowed that she'd be a bride someday (a big no-no when you're dating the world's most notoriously commitment-shy bachelor) comes word that she and George Clooney have indeed called it quits.
So what does Clooney have to say for himself?
Eh, the usual.
"We are not together anymore," the ex couple said in a joint statement to E! News. "It's very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."
Yeah, good luck with that.
The duo had been together for two years, but signs of a strain began to show last month, when sources close to the couple told E! Online's Awful Truth that Clooney was "over it" and "wants to move on."
In response, Clooney at the time gave us this official party line: "We are together and doing fine, as far as I can see." Uh, might be time to get that vision checked, George.
As for Elisabetta, she's not exactly hiding out, and has been a paparazzi favorite this week while vacationing on an all-girls holiday (now we know why) in Mexico.
The 50-year-old bachelor and the 32-year-old Italian personality and lingerie model were last spotted together just last week, when they shared a seemingly romantic candlelight dinner deux in Lake Como, Italy.
If you're gonna say arrivederci, do it in style. Ladies, the line forms now.
(Originally published June 22, 2011, at 8:36 a.m. PT)