Beyonce Knowles, Justin Timberlake, Linkin Park and “American Idol” contestant Chris Daughtry’s band Daughtry each nabbed three nominations Tuesday for the American Music Awards.
Akon, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Young Jeezy, T.I. and “Idol” winner Carrie Underwood captured two nominations each.
Jimmy Kimmel will host the 35th annual American Music Awards, to be broadcast Nov. 18 by ABC from the new L.A. Live entertainment complex next to Staples Center downtown.
The show’s producer, Larry Klein, said Daughtry, Celine Dion, nominees Fergie and Rihanna will perform.
Nominees were initially chosen based on record sales. Ballots were then sent to a national sampling of 15,000 people and the top three vote-getters in each category became nominees.
For the first time, members of the public will be able to vote for nominated artists online. Winners were previously selected by a national survey of some 20,000 people.
The complete list of nominees:
- Male artist: Akon, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake.
- Female artist: Beyonce, Fergie, Avril Lavigne.
- Band, duo or group: Linkin Park, Maroon 5, Nickleback.
- Album: “Daughtry” (Daughtry), “Minutes To Midnight” (Linkin Park), “FutureSex/LoveSounds” (Justin Timberlake).
- Male artist: Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley.
- Female artist: Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood.
- Band, duo or group: Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Rascal Flatts.
- Album: “Let It Go” (Tim McGraw), “Me And My Gang” (Rascal Flatts), “Some Hearts” (Carrie Underwood).