Ed McMahon was recuperating Friday following his third neck surgery.
The 85-year-old former “Tonight” show sidekick previously said he had injured himself in a fall before the possible foreclosure of his multimillion-dollar Beverly Hills house.
“Ed had his third and hopefully final neck surgery today at an L.A. hospital,” McMahon’s publicist Howard Bragman told The Associated Press on Friday. “He’s awake, alert and resting comfortably, and the McMahon family is grateful for all the prayers and good wishes.”
McMahon appeared in a neck brace on CNN’s “Larry King Live” on June 5 and said he had stopped working since he broke his neck in a fall 18 months ago. Citibank filed suit June 20 against McMahon seeking to recoup nearly $200,000 lent to the former pitchman for the American Family Publishers’ sweepstakes and “Star Search” host. McMahon was $644,000 behind on payments on his Beverly Hills home.