The Department of Public Health has reportedly launched an investigation into the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack due to mold found in their home.
According to TMZ, law enforcement sources said mold was found in the couple's home, which was at first was determined "not to be a contributing factor" to Murphy's death, but after Monjack was found dead on May 23, the Department of Public Health decided to look into the matter further.
Photo gallery: They Dated Who?!? Surprising Former Couples!
Murphy's mother, Sharon, is reportedly flying home from Europe to allow investigators into the home where both Murphy and Monjack died. Simon's mother, Linda Monjack, will also reportedly be coming from Europe to be close to the investigation.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Monjack died from pneumonia and severe anemia and Murphy's cause of death was determined to be anemia, pneumonia and multiple drug intoxication (including prescription medications, not illegal drugs) and was officially ruled an accident.
Photo gallery: Sudden Endings: Stars Who Died Too Soon
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:Photo gallery: Brittany Murphy Remembered Video: Simon Monjack's shocking death