If you think those dance-floor kisses between actress and TV host Maria Menounos and pro hoofer Derek Hough might mean romance between the two, think again. As it turns out, Menounos has a boyfriend, and he gave his A-OK for the platonic lip locks on "Dancing With the Stars" before they ever happened.
"I have the most understanding boyfriend on the planet," Menounos told Life & Style Weekly. "It's legal. I mean, I asked permission first, too, so that helps."
Menounos dubbed Hough a "great kisser" -- she should know with two smooches shared so far -- but she saves her off-screen kisses for producer boyfriend Keven Undergaro. As for the on-screen variety, he's used to it.
"Derek's not the first other man I've kissed, because between movies and TV shows, it happens," Menounos explained.
Having a boyfriend in the biz helps.
"It's the same as if she were acting in a movie," Undergaro assured Life & Style. "It's a role. I'm fine with it, I promise."
See if the "Dancing" star has any other kisses in store for her pro partner when the next live episode of "Dancing With the Stars" airs Monday night at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Are you convinced everything is strictly platonic between Menounos and Hough now? Share your thoughts about the pair on our Facebook page.
- Jaleel White 'can't believe' he survived last 'Dancing With the Stars' routine
- Maks: 'Dancing With the Stars' dance-off twist is 'wrong'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' judges sink Gavin in first Dance Duel
- Maria Menounos and Derek Hough get desperate on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- More 'Dancing With the Stars' in The Clicker
More in The Clicker: