The best time to catch up on your reading? Summer!
There are endless opportunities to open up a new book during the summer whether you are on the beach, hanging out in the park, or just relaxing at home.
Brad Thor, author of "Foreign Agent," Emma Straub, author of "Modern Lovers" and BuzzFeed books editor Isaac Fitzgerald shared their summer must-reads with TODAY. They gave their top book picks for every book lover — from the history buff to the romance novel enthusiast.
Before the holiday weekend, make sure to throw these books in your beach bag!
The coming-of-age stories that will stick with you all summer long!
1. "Michael Vey: Storm of Lightning" by Richard Paul Evans (Brad Thor's pick)
2."Action" by Amy Rose Spiegel (Emma Straub's pick)
3."Girls on Fire" by Robin Wasserman (Isaac Fitzgerald's pick)
The good, the bad or the ugly...all they have in common is a great plot.
1. "The Hatching" by Ezekiel Boone (Brad Thor's pick)
2. "Rich and Pretty" by Rumaan Alam (Emma Straub's pick)
3. "Here Comes the Sun" by Nicole Dennis-Benn (Isaac Fitzgerald's pick)
I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING:
The books that get the waterworks going!
1."Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania" by Erik Larson (Brad Thor's pick)
2. "Another Brooklyn" by Jacqueline Woodson (Emma Straub's pick)
3."Imagine Me Gone" by Adam Haslett (Isaac Fitzgerald's pick)
HISTORY IN THE MAKING
Books that take you back in time, forward in time or to a different time.
1. "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah (Brad Thor's pick)
2. "I Will Send Rain" by Rae Meadows (Emma Straub's pick)
3. "Homegoing" by Yaa Gyasi (Isaac Fitzgerald's pick)