The reach of the devastating and record-setting earthquake that rocked Japan Friday is stretching all the way to the North America, with tsunami warnings calling for evacuations everywhere from Hawaii to Vancouver.
As the harrowing losses begin adding up, stars have been offering up their support--and their stories of involvement--in the devastation. Here's who's been affected...
In the wake of the 8.9-magnitude earthquake striking, everyone is rightfully erring on the side of caution, as evacuations have been called for on the Vancouver Island area of British Columbia where The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn has been filming.
Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner and the rest of the gang are safe, but have nonetheless been removed from the region.
"Due to the tsunami advisory, filming of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn has been delayed," Summit said in a statement. "All cast and crew were evacuated to the movie production's base camp. Everyone is safe and sound."
" They're evacuating us 4 a tsumnani warning," Tinsel Korey, who plays Emily in the saga, tweeted rather dramatically early this morning. "If this is my last my tweet. I love you. The end. Hugz.
" If this is the moment. Then I've lived a good life. And I'm thankful 4 everything I've been given. 1 love :)...I'm not trying 2 b dramatic!!! I'm just saying my peace. This is my truth right now. 1Love."
Fellow castmember Peter Facinelli also weighed in on the situation, tweeting, "The world is a fragile place. #prayforjapan."
Kellan Lutz added, "praying for everyone in japan,hawaii,and on the west coast!"
Meanwhile, Jimmy Kimmel was vacationing in the South Pacific and kept his Twitter followers abreast of the situation and ensuing tsunami waves.
" Suddenly, relaxing on an island in the South Pacific isn't so relaxing anymore. Good thing I brought my aqua stilts... Not kidding, that's where I am... I wish I was joking... I am on an island in French Polynesia, glued to CNN."
When asked by a follower how scared he was, on a scale of 1-10, he replied, " a good solid 7. on a small island, with no high ground."
Then, just a few hours ago, he made his move: " We are evacuating the island. dogspeed."
As for other stars, though they weren't directly impacted by the earthquake and tsunami, they made sure fans knew their thoughts were with those who were. Here's a sampling of their tweets:
- Charlie Sheen: " Curveball; Warlock edict ; pain &devastation in Japan demands us all to dig deep &LOVE THEM VIOLENTLY Dogspeed my cadres of the Far East! c."
- Justin Bieber: " #prayforjapan."
- Ryan Seacrest: " Glued to TV watching this unreal earthquake footage out of Japan. Sending prayers to everyone affected. Unbelievable."
- Paris Hilton: " The images on the news are breaking my heart. I am so worried for everyone in Japan. My thoughts are with you Japan. God bless you all."
- Ellen DeGeneres: " I'm watching all this news of the tsunami in Japan. It breaks my heart. My thoughts go out to everyone affected."
- Kim Kardashian: " Just heard about the huge earthquake and tsunami in Japan. My prayers are with everyone in Japan!"
- Lea Michele: " So devastating to hear about the huge earthquake & tsunami Japan. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there."
- Amber Riley: " Omg my heart goes out to Japan. I pray this devastation stops."
- Conan O'Brien: " Japan needs our help. Go here to donate to @redcross disaster relief."
- Tom Cruise: " Our thoughts and support to our friends in #Japan"
- Mena Suvari: " All of my thoughts &prayers to those affected by the recent earthquake in Japan."
- Kristi Yamaguchi: " Sending my thoughts &prayers to those in Japan #prayforjapan."
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy: " My prayers are with everyone affected!"
- Marlee Matlin: " I'm in #Kenya but thoughts and prayers for the victims of the earthquake and #tsunami in Japan. Go to @redcross if you want to help."
- Lauren Conrad: " Wow. I'm reading about the earthquake in Japan. So sad!! #prayforjapan."
- Kevin Smith: " Japan was devastated by a real-life cataclysm. To donate $10 to the relief effort, text REDCROSS to 90999."
- Paula Abdul: " GLUED to the tv since early this morning. Japan's heartwrenching disaster is just unbelievable."
- Julianne Hough: " My heart wishes love &prayers to everyone effected by the horrific event that happened in japan devastating&terrifying thing to go through."
- Kelly Osbourne: " Please help the people of japan Txt REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation!"
- Khlo Kardashian Odom: " Pray for Japan."