"Bachelor" Ben Higgins shocked the world when he told two women he loved them on national TV. Now, he's easing all doubts about the love between him and fiance Lauren Bushnell.
The newly engaged couple stopped by TODAY to chat with Hoda Kotb and Laura Bush Hager about their love story on the show and what life has been like since the finale aired Monday.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Lauren's giggles during Ben's proposal can be blamed on jitters: "I think I was just so nervous, honestly. I watch it back and I was like, 'Why am I laughing?' I was just so happy and nervous and overwhelmed that that's just what came out."
- There was a slight stumble leading up to the proposal. Ben revealed that Lauren tripped on her way to greet Ben for the final rose.
- Ben on why he chose Lauren: "Early on in the whole process, Lauren had something that just really stood out to me," Ben said. "As it came down to those last couple of weeks... I could not imagine my life without this woman. That was never a doubt to me. She belongs in my life forever."
- It's been a whirlwind since since the finale aired, and now the couple is getting ready for everyday life. "Most of our days will consist of a lot of us time," Ben said. " Lauren's first priority? She wants to go grocery shopping with her new fiance.
- Lauren and Ben finally met TODAY producer and bachelor expert Amanda Avery, and she pulled the truth out of them: The show sometimes makes you feel like you're going crazy!
TODAY.com also chatted with Ben and Lauren behind the scenes for a Facebook live chat, where we learned just a little bit more about the pair.
- Lauren on when she knew she was in love: "When we went to his hometown in Warsaw, Indiana and I got to see where he grew up — the place that made him who his is. It really solidified the feelings like I had."
- Ben on their wedding date: "I want to marry Lauren quickly... but I would like to wait a while, get our friends and family involved, make sure it's something Lauren wants and that I want because we want this to be a celebration."
From our perspective, these two are perfect for each other!