IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Anna Nicole reportedly OD’d on sedative

The results of Anna Nicole Smith’s autopsy are expected to be revealed Monday, but already two publications are claiming the model died from a toxic amount of sleep medication in her system.
/ Source: Access Hollywood

The results of Anna Nicole Smith’s autopsy are expected to be revealed Monday, but already two publications are claiming the model died from a toxic amount of sleep medication in her system.

Star Magazine and the National Enquirer claimed Smith died from an overdose of the sedative chloral hydrate.

Smith did not, the magazines reported, have methadone or other painkillers in her system when she passed away.

Smith was already suffering from another ailment when she took the fatal overdose according to the magazines. Before leaving the Bahamas for Florida, they claim her buttocks were injected with a substance from an unsterilized needle, which caused a major infection.

“As she boarded the plane for Miami, Anna Nicole developed a painful abscess at the site of the injection,” a source with knowledge of the case told the magazines. “The needle wasn’t sterile. The pain kept getting worse as the abscess got larger and larger very quickly.”

After becoming very sick with a high fever Anna refused to go to the hospital. Instead her people treated her at the hotel. She reportedly had a high temperature, diarrhea, vomiting and was unable to pass fluids.

“She was still vomiting and suffering diarrhea,” the source told the mags. “Again, she spent the whole day in bed, as the abscess continued to grow. She was in such pain, she just wanted to sleep.”

The Enquirer and Star then said Anna Nicole took the overdose of chloral hydrate, the evening of February 7, leading to her death.