Get the latest from TODAY
He's a TV host, pop culture whiz and a self-proclaimed "celebrant" of life, and now Andy Cohen is telling the story behind all of that in a book he calls part "Andy Warhol Diaries" and part "Bridget Jones's Diary."
But much of "The Andy Cohen Diaries" focuses on behind-the-scenes tidbits from his late-night Bravo hit, "Watch What Happens Live," and that's just what he shared during a Monday morning visit to TODAY.
Here are just a few gems from that interview:
- The tipsiest guest ever on his show? "We've had a drunk Ricki Lake," Cohen recalled. "We've had a drunk Rosie Perez; we've had a drunk … let me think about last week."
- But who didn't take a sip? While the host felt certain TODAY anchor Savannah Guthrie "got a little lit" during her last visit, the fact is she faked it. Guthrie was actually pregnant at the time, but hadn't yet revealed the news.
- Which guest made him more nervous: Oprah or TODAY's Matt Lauer? "I have kind of a guy crush on Matt that is totally not creepy," he joked. "I was probably a little more nervous for Oprah, but I was sufficiently nervous for Matt Lauer."
- Who might be a little mad when she reads his book? "Mariah Carey," Cohen mused. "I just talk about the machinations that went into that booking and the behind the scenes [stuff, like] me sitting in the other chair [to get] her good side. But I think we're going to be cool."
- His most disappointing guest? The man who invented the celebrity tell-all game "Plead the Fifth" for his show decided to take the fifth on that question.
Get all of the dish when "The Andy Cohen Diaries" hits bookstores Tuesday.
Follow Ree Hines on Google+.