IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Young baseball fan battles hot dog at Los Angeles Angels game, emerges victorious

This young baseball fan will not be defeated by his hot dog.
/ Source: TODAY

One young baseball fan had quite the struggle with a hot dog on Tuesday. But ultimately — and adorably — he emerged the victor.

The pint-sized Los Angeles Angels patron was caught on camera trying to enjoy a hot dog, only to become overwhelmed by the hot dog's size and condiments. We've all been there.

He momentarily dropped the ballpark frank, but made a swift and determined recovery.

The germaphobes out there might appreciate that he did abide by the age-old 5-second rule. As our calculations reveal, only 2.5 seconds elapsed between the time the hot dog fell through the air and landed on the seat to the time it was back in his mouth.

So, at least there's that.

PS: As much as we love a good laugh, it's important to note that hot dogs are actually one of the top causes of choking in children under 5, according to the John's Hopkins Children's Center. Believe it or not, they're the top cause of food-related choking in children under 3, causing 17 percent of cases. They're followed by hard candy at 10 percent and grapes at 9 percent. Parents, stay alert!