Get the latest from TODAY
I'll never forget my baby shower for numerous reasons, but especially the random and largely useless gifts my well-meaning friends gave me. Sports jerseys for toddlers. Shoes for pre-schoolers. Sure, it's the thought that counts, but a box of fresh diapers or a NoseFrida go a long way. And along those lines, I hold forever in my debt my friend Melissa, who sent me two magic swaddlers that instantly bought these new, dazed parents extra hours of sleep.
To that end, here are the most wished-for baby shower gifts on Amazon.
Of course, surprising no one, the two most popular gifts are those you choose yourself, a gift card and a one-year Prime membership:
Amazon.com $50 Gift Card in a Greeting Card, $50, Amazon
TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY does have affiliate relationships. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
But something personal is always appreciated. So bring on the shower power and give your nearest and dearest stuff they'll actually use, and love.
1. HUGGIES Little Snugglers Baby Diapers, Size 1, $39, Amazon
You'll be stunned at how many of these a new parent goes through, so load him or her up.
2. Aveeno Baby Daily Bathtime Solutions Gift Set to Nourish Skin for Baby and Mom, $18, Amazon
A tried-and-true favorite.
3. Johnson's Bath Discovery Gift Set For Parents-To-Be, Caddy With Bath Essentials, 8 Items, $70, Amazon
There's nothing more nerve-wracking than your infant's first bath. This makes the process go more smoothly. It sure smells sweet.
4. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Newborn Size 1 (8-14 lb), $55, Amazon
This may sound repetitive, but until Joe or Jane is potty-trained, you can never have too many.
5. Pampers Sensitive Water Baby Wipes 7X Refill Packs, $20, Amazon
Keep that delicate skin clean and dry.
6. Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad, $18, Amazon
The genius security strap attaches this changing pad to your furniture, for added safety.
7. Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush, $5, Amazon
A clean bottle equals a happy mom and an even happier baby.
8. Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags, $18, Amazon
One of the most practical and useful gifts you can ever give.
9. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens, $166, Amazon
Keep an eye on your little one.
10. Summer Infant Complete Nursery Care Kit, $16, Amazon
Yes, even newborns need to get their sharp nails clipped!
11. Playtex Diaper Genie Refills for Diaper Genie Diaper Pails, $15, Amazon
Lots and lots of diapers equal lots and lots of odors. This helps.
12. Philips Avent Natural Newborn Baby Bottle Starter Set, $72, Amazon
These are the bottles we used, and our baby loved them. No fuss, no gas.
13. Dr. Brown's Original Bottle Newborn Feeding Set, $25, Amazon
This specific type of bottle is said to reduce colic and spit-up.
14. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier, $30, Amazon
You'll be mobile in no time with this handy carrier. Just make sure mom or dad follows the guidelines on the baby's size and weight.
15. Pampers Swadlers size N $37, Amazon
We cannot stress this enough. With diapers, you'll never go wrong.
16. Philips Avent Soothie, $4, Amazon
This is one of the most popular pacifiers on the market.
17. Matimati Rayon From Bamboo Baby Washcloths, $9, Amazon
They're ever so gentle to wipe up the spit-up and drool.
18. Munchkin Warm Glow Wipe Warmer, $22, Amazon
This certainly makes diaper changes more pleasant.
19. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub, $20, Amazon
The first time we gave our son a bath, our stress levels peaked. Having a solid tub helps.
20. Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Diapers Newborn Size 1, $42, Amazon
Diapers, diapers and more diapers!