With Nadya Suleman visiting the TODAY set with 10 of her 14 children (her 2-and-a-half-year- old octuplets and her two oldest kids), we turned to another family of multiples who’ve been there, done that.
The Duggars of the TLC show “19 Kids and Counting” have appeared on TODAY with all of their kids (who are extremely well behaved on set, we might add).
Related content: Nadya Suleman tells TODAY the price of raising 14 kids...and it's a big number
TODAY Moms asked Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar for any parenting advice to share with Suleman.
Here are 10 tips the Duggars say can help any parents with one to 19 children:
1. Praise your children 10 times more than you get on to them.
2. Model the character and responses you want your children to develop.
3. Don't raise your voice or say put-down words, stay under control.
4. Humbly apologize when you blow it.
5. Lead by example, look for opportunities to serve those around you.
6. Turn off the TV and spend time as a family building special memories.
7. Be involved in your children's activities and go to church together.
8. Have heart to heart talks with each child on a regular basis.
9. Encourage your children to make wise choices and to choose wise friends.
10. Post your own house guidelines. (The Duggar's guidelines are here.)
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are the parents of 19 kids and two grandkids and appear on TLC's '19 Kids and Counting." Their new book, A Love That Multiplies, is available on amazon.com.
For more from TODAY Moms, check out these posts:
City Mom: I love the smell of exhaust in the morning
Are second baby showers great or greedy?
From Momgasms to Momtinis, these are the momisms we love to hate