Get the latest from TODAY
It's back-to-school time ... again! This year, the TODAY Parenting and Shop TODAY teams came together to make the transition from summer vacation to schoolwork mode as seamless and easy as possible. We're bringing you the best back-to-school supplies, tips and tricks — all in one place.
Finding the best lunchbox is almost as challenging as packing the perfect lunch.
The design of the lunchbox has to be appealing to young foodies, as does the food it contains. It can't leak. It can't squash delicate fruits. And, for kids who detest it when lunch contents touch each other (guilty!), compartmentalization is a must.
A great lunchbox will keep the warm items warm, the cold items cold, the chips uncrushed, the foods separated — and still look amazing.
As another school year kicks off, we've rounded up lunchboxes that your child will be excited to carry around the lunchroom. (And if you haven't gotten them a backpack, first-day outfit or school supplies, TODAY Parents has got you covered.)
1. Wildkin Bright Stripes Lunch Box, $17, Amazon
TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY does have affiliate relationships. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
This Amazon best-seller comes in a slew of styles and colors, it's sturdy and the insulated lunch box keeps food cold.
2. iSuperb Waterproof Lovely Lunch Box, $11, Amazon
iSuperb Waterproof Lovely Lunch Box is an insulated tote big enough to fill with plenty of food to satisfy any growing appetite.
3. MIRA Lunch Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Lunch Thermos, $15, Amazon
This handy lunch container keeps your soups warm and your oatmeal toasty.
4. LunchBots Bento Cinco Large Stainless Steel Food Container, $40, Amazon
You can give your kid an assortment of foods to choose from, the lunchbox keeps food separated and it absolutely doesn't leak.
5. Bentgo Kids Brights Kids Lunch Box, $28, Amazon
So many compartments, so many options for lunch!
7. Skip Hop Insulated and Water-Resistant Unicorn Lunch Bag, $14, Amazon
Practical and fun? You got it! This insulated lunchbox packs a bunch of pockets, but it looks like an adorable mythical creature.
8. Fit & Fresh Kids' Gabby Insulated Lunch Bag $13, Amazon
With this bag, lunch cleanup is a breeze, too.
9. BARI LYNN Confetti Lunchbox, $35, Nordstrom
This lunchbox is so whimsical and fun, it'll make your little one look forward to lunch.
10. Rubbermaid LunchBlox Medium Insulated Lunch Bag, $10, Walmart
We love this no-frills lunch container because it also fits a water bottle.
11. Burton Lunch Sack, $20, Zappos
This one is sturdy, durable and comes in a variety of prints for any lunching tastes.
12. Personalized Lunch Tote, $25, Etsy
What's even more special than a gourmet lunch? A bag with your name on it to carry it in.