Get the latest from TODAY
The design of the lunch box has to be appealing to young foodies. As does the food it contains. It can't leak. It can't squash delicate fruits. And for kids who detest it when lunch contents touch each other (guilty!), there's a whole other consideration.
A great lunch box will keep the warm items warm, the cold items cold, the chips uncrushed, the foods separated — and still look amazing.
As another school year kicks off, we've rounded up lunch boxes that your child will be excited to carry around the lunchroom. (And if you haven't gotten them a backpack, first-day outfit or school supplies, TODAY Parents has got you covered.)
1. Wildkin Bright Stripes Lunch Box, $17, Amazon
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY. All prices are subject to change and items could sell out based on the merchant’s inventory.
This Amazon best-seller comes in a slew of styles and colors.
2. iSuperb Waterproof Lovely Lunch Box, $11, Amazon
iSuperb Waterproof Lovely Lunch Box is an insulated tote big enough to fill with enough food to satisfy any growing appetite.
3. MIRA Lunch Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Lunch Thermos, $15, Amazon
This handy lunch container keeps your soups warm and your oatmeal toasty.
4. LunchBots Bento Cinco Large Stainless Steel Food Container, $40, Amazon
You can give your kid an assortment of foods to choose from for lunch, and this absolutely doesn't leak.
5. Bentgo Kids Brights Kids Lunch Box, $28, Amazon
So many compartments, so many options for lunch!
7. Skip Hop Insulated and Water-Resistant Unicorn Lunch Bag, $15, Amazon
Practical and whimsical? You got it! This insulated lunch box even has pockets but it looks like an adorable mythical creature. This Skip Hop Unicorn lunch box is the best of both worlds.
8. Fit & Fresh Kids' Gabby Insulated Lunch Bag $13, Amazon
With this bag, lunch cleanup is a breeze, too.
9. BARI LYNN Glitter Unicorn Lunchbox, $35, Nordstrom
This is so whimsical and fun, it'll make your little one look forward to lunch.
10. Rubbermaid LunchBlox Medium Insulated Lunch Bag, $10, Walmart
We love this no-frills lunch container because it also fits a water bottle.
11. Burton Lunch Sack, $20, Zappos
This one is sturdy, durable and comes in a variety of prints for any lunching tastes.
12. Personalized Lunch Tote, $25, Etsy
What's even more special than a gourmet lunch? A bag with your name on it to carry it in.