Parents are funny — especially on Facebook! And we love them for it.
Why? Because summer is long. Summer is hot. And camp is LOOOOONG since over (how many games of “Sorry” can we play?). So when Facebook overflows with posts from weepy first-time parents packing their perfectly dressed kindergarteners off to school we can’t help but wonder if we’re the only ones dancing in the driveway as school bus pulls away.
So let’s take a moment to give a shout out, LOL or just a virtual ‘High-Five,’ to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is. Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook!
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag us OR Sarah Maizes (our Parenting-Humorist-at-Large) in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment!
1. See ya, kiddos (Barbara Jones)
2. Just a bite (Mommy Shorts)
3. Talk about taking it literally (Mom Babble)
4. Homework battles (Full of it)
5. Never too early for birthdays (Dose of Reality)
6. Just like mom (Alexandra Rosas)
7. Quiet high-five (Happily Ever After)
8. No room at the Inn (Adventures of a Jayhawk Mom)
9. The grocery balance (Full Metal Mommy)
Sarah Maizes lives in LA with her 3 kids and 2 cats and 0 hamsters (finally!). She’s the author of humor books for grown-ups and picture books for children including On My Way to the Bath. Follow her on Facebook and subscribe to her blog.