Our editors have independently selected the items featured in this article because we think they’re worth knowing about. Shop TODAY has affiliate relationships so we may get a small share of the revenue if you buy something through our links.
Looking to celebrate a recent high school or college graduate?
Honor their academic achievement with a special gift — whether a personalized keepsake, an inspirational book, or a practical present to get him or her ready for that next big opportunity.
Here's some of our top picks that are sure to pass the test. Plus, all of these A+ gift ideas are affordable too.
- 1. MOSISO MacBook Air Case, $20, Amazon
A stylish and productive case is something any laptop user will appreciate. While this case is designed for a 13-inch MacBook Air laptop, check the Mosiso Amazon store for accessories to fit any style.
- 2. Dogeared "Going Places" Necklace, $37, Amazon
So many places, so many possibilities! This special necklace from Dogeared will inspire your ambitious graduate to do great things on the road ahead. Gold and silver options available.
- 3. Hallmark Dr. Seuss Oh, The Places You'll Go Picture Frame, $16, Amazon
That picture perfect moment your grad touches that diploma can now have a place to shine. On the front of this frame is a special excerpt from Dr. Seuss's book, “You have brains in your head you have feet in your shoes you can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
- 4. Kenon Engraved Wooden Watch, $39, Amazon
This Kenon watch comes with an engraved inspirational message on the back for your student. Choose either a "mom to son" or "dad to son" personalization option. Now, that's a great gift!
Stuff We Love
- 5. Imagination Paperweight, $36, Uncommon Goods
STEM-focused grads will be inspired by Albert Einstein's words of wisdom, etched on this pewter paperweight.
- 6. Class of 2019 Diploma Charm Bangle, $28, Alex and Ani
Jewelry maker Alex and Ani is known for creating bangles to help celebrate every occasion — including your graduate's milestone.
- 7. AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner, $50, Amazon
For that next study abroad trip, this 20-inch durable spinner will come in handy. Four color options available.
- 8. The Path Necklace, $55, UncommonGoods
This necklace is inspired by a quote from mid-19th century poet Ralph Waldo Emerson and it's a beautiful reminder to forge your own trail.
- 9. My Life Story — So Far, $30, UncommonGoods
This journal gives your overachiever prompts to jotting down all of his or her success stories and hard-won wisdom.
- 10. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2019, $20, Amazon
A practical manual for new college graduates looking for career guidance. It includes tips on anything for writing resumes to interviewing and networking — guiding job hunters toward their dream.
- 11. Cyrilla Leather Card Holder, $39 (originally $65), Nordstrom
Reward your student for a job well done with a pretty card holder by Ted Baker.
- 12. Mixed Tartan Card Case, $39, Nordstrom
Your graduate will feel all grown up with this handsome card case built from a tough twill blend.
- 13. Stitch Fix Monthly Clothing and Accessories Subscription, $20 plus cost of items you keep, Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix has stylists on hand who will curate a selection of five items for your grad to try at home — and keep what he or she likes. Shipping is free both ways, and the service is available for both men and women.
- 14. Trunk Club Monthly Clothing and Accessories Subscription, $25 plus cost of items you keep, Trunk Club
Trunk Club customers fill out a short survey about their style preferences as well as sizes, and a stylist curates a crate of options to try. Don't like it? He or she can send everything back and try again, paying only for kept items.
- 15. Uber Gift Card, $25, Walmart
Still stuck? An Uber gift card will likely be appreciated. Plus, you can send it via e-mail.
Looking for more recommendations? Check out:
- 28 graduation gifts to fit every style, taste and budget
- 13 of the best gifts for college students
- 37 great gifts for teens who are hard to shop for
Shop TODAY takes care to recommend our favorite items chosen by trusted experts and editors, as well as inform our readers of great deals, customer favorites, and newsworthy products from around the web. For more on our process, click here.