Get the latest from TODAY
Parents are funny – especially on Facebook! And we love them for it.
Why? Because when the pages of Facebook are filled with pictures of neatly dressed children ready for their first day of school, smiling, backpack bedecked siblings standing arm in arm, and post after post by parents lamenting the end of summer, it’s easy to think you’re the only one who was dancing a jig in their driveway as the school bus pulled away.
So let’s take a moment to give a shout out, LOL or just a virtual ‘High-Five,’ to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is. Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook!
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag us OR Sarah Maizes (our Parenting-Humorist-at-Large) in your comments. We’ll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment!
1. When Mom talks the talk (Ellen Reavis Gerstein)
2. Mob mentality (Petyon Price)
3. Beautiful thoughts...or not (Kevin Fox)
4. First day festivities (Leslie Clendening Kemelgor)
5. At a loss for words (Shari Hedlund Jamieson)
6. Basket case (Jennifer Causey Suggs)
7. You say Speedo, I say Libido (Dude Mom)
8. Keepin' it real (Sweet lemons)
9. Surely they still fit? (SmashleyAshley)
10. Little potty mouth (Joelle Wisler)
11. Clean-up crew (The Pursuit of Normal)
12. Let freedom ring! (Rach Riot)
13. Give it the college try (Dad and Buried)
Sarah Maizes lives in LA with her 3 kids and 2 cats and 0 hamsters (finally!). She’s the author of humor books for grown-ups and picture books for children including On My Way to the Bath. Follow her on Facebook and subscribe to her blog.