Parents say the funniest things — especially on Facebook. And we love them for it.
Why? Because in Facebook’s world of extravagant vacations, DIY overload, and smiling teens (it’s true…they exist!) it’s easy to think you’re the only one who’s slowly (okay, quickly) being driven insane.
So we’d like to take a moment to send a shout-out, LOL or even a LQWTBN (Laughing Quietly While The Baby Naps) to the hilarious moms and dads who aren’t afraid to tell it like it really is. Here are our picks for this week’s Funniest Parents on Facebook!
Want to share your funniest parenting moments with TODAY? Just post them on our Facebook page at TODAY Parents, or tag Sarah Maizes in your comments. We'll pick our favorites to feature in our next installment.
Here are our picks for the funniest parenting Facebook status updates this week.
1. And the award for best Oscar goes to... (Christy Smith)
2. Not exactly what I meant (Lisa Till Tyler)
3. That should do it (Karen Gladden Barre)
4. Better than Legos (Vanessa Willis France)
5. Now that's a party (H Bomb Mom)
6. The Thin Mints are safe (Mom Babble)
7. Campaign promises (Sarah Smiley)
8. Super mom moves (That Tam I Am)
9. Maybe I should stop (Joelle Wisler)
10. Just another bad night (Why did we have to have all these kids anyway?)
11. There's just one (The Parent Normal)
12. A grim warning (Pails and Fires)
13. It's not as it seems (Manic Pixie Dream Mama)
Sarah Maizes is a writer, comedian and the author of several picture books for kids. Follow her on Facebook at and subscribe to her bloggy goodness at www.SarahMaizes.com. Check out her books here.