- Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 oz. cooked wild mushrooms - cremini, oyster and shitake mushrooms work well
- 4 oz. huitlacoche (corn fungus) - canned is fine
- 4 oz. sautéed leeks
- 6 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- 12 oz. Manchego cheese, grated
DIRECTIONS Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl; add salt and pepper to taste.
Lay 4 of the 8 tortillas on a flat surface and distribute the filling evenly. Cover each with another tortilla, forming a sandwich. Then cook each tortilla, according to the directions above, and serve while still hot.