Of all the powers of all the superheroes in all the world, film fans think the most impressive is the quick healing ability of Wolverine, according to a poll.
Wolverine's power, which allows him to recover from almost any injury or disease, came top with 22 percent of the vote, followed by the telepathic powers of Professor X, another X-Men character, at 21 percent.
Superman's ability to fly was third while Spiderman fell from hero to zero in the poll, with only three percent of respondents believing web-spinning skills to be worthy of the ultimate superhero.
The survey, carried out by the European film rental service Lovefilm, questioned 3,000 members about special powers that would make the ultimate superhero.
"Having worked with comic books for most of my career and naturally being a huge fan of superhero films, a few of the results really surprised me," said comic artist Jack Lawrence.
Of course we all wish we had the claws of Wolverine or cruised along in the Batmobile, but I really expected Superman and Spiderman's powers to feature higher up the list." The top 10 powers were:
1. Accelerated healing - Wolverine, X-Men (22 percent)
2. Telepathic/psionic powers - Professor X, X-Men (21 percent)
3. Power of flight - Superman, Superman (15 percent)
4. Super-strength - The Hulk, The Hulk (11 percent)
5. Invisibility - Sue Storm, Fantastic Four (8 percent)
6 (joint). Weather control - Storm, X-Men (7 percent) and Flame-on! - The Human Torch, Fantastic Four (7 percent)
8. Supersenses - Daredevil, Daredevil (4 percent)
9. Web-slinging - Spiderman, Spiderman (3 percent)
10. Super-speed - Dash, The Incredibles (2 percent)