1. It got a bit hairy on the plaza this morning — when barber David Alexander shaved 73 heads to raise money for cancer research, that is. The group set a new Guinness World Record as part of our Spring Breakers TODAY series.
2. Prince George and his cheeks are having a grand ol’ time Down Under. Natalie and Savannah cooed over news of the littlest royal’s first public playdate, and eventually Matt gave in.
“Begrudgingly, I say he’s very cute,” Lauer admitted.
3. Dove's new social experiment — which offers women a “revolutionary” new "beauty patch" that claims to make them more beautiful — resulted in a surprising twist.
“I think it’s very clear that beauty is a state of mind,” psychologist Ann Kearney-Cooke told Savannah.
4. As part of NBC News’ “Hooked: America’s Heroin Epidemic” series, Kate Snow spoke with a mother who saved her own son with the antidote Narcan.
“I had preconceptions about drug users before this all started — until it happened to my own family,” Anne told Snow. “It isn’t just this strange person under the bridge. It’s your regular kids.”
5. Kristin Chenoweth had no trouble getting into character for her latest role — as a poisonous and passionate animated frog in “Rio 2.”
"If she kisses anyone she'll kill them — which, I mean, who doesn't relate to that?" Chenoweth joked to Lauer.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!