1. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told Matt his binge-drinking days are past him, his drug use was just an experiment, and he’s now focused on his campaign for re-election in October.
“Have I had a drink? Yes,” he said. "That's past me, and we're moving on."
2. Angelina Jolie sat down for a rare interview with Tom Brokaw to talk about her latest project — directing “Unbroken,” the tale of WWII hero and former Olympian Louis Zamperini.
“(I feel) such a huge responsibility to get it right,” the Oscar-winning actress said, “because I love (Zamperini) so much, and because he's helped me so much in my life.”
3. Award-winning actresses Jacqueline Bisset, 69, and Jane Seymour, 63, offered advice on aging gracefully as part of TODAY's #LoveYourSelfie week.
“It’s what’s inside and being able to let go,” Seymour told Savannah and Hoda. “It’s realizing that life is like a wave — you have your highs and your lows, you let go and you recharge.”
4. Actor Jim Parsons, who’s set to host “SNL” this weekend, said playing Sheldon Cooper on “The Big Bang Theory” (bazinga, anyone?) isn’t so tough.
“I think that there's undeniably part of myself that understands what it is to feel outsidery,” he told Matt. “Probably everybody does. I think that's part of the reason the show's so successful.”
5. Moviefone is ending its run after 25 years, but the man behind the phone service’s iconic voice isn’t fazed.
“I would say I'm not bummed at all,'' Russ Leatherman told the TODAY anchors. “There's only so much 'press one, press two' that you can do.”
Then he signed off — of course — with his signature, “Thanks for calling!”
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!