1. Go Natalie, go! Just hours before the Boston Marathon kicked off, our own Natalie Morales described the mood among this year’s runners from the starting line. "I know it's going to be really emotional,'' she told Matt. “It's going to be a hard 26.2 miles, but...I know it's going to be an incredible event. I can't wait to be a part of it.”
After powering through 26.2 miles, she crossed the finish line in a time of 3 hours, 34 minutes and 45 seconds. "Thank you to all the supporters for the love and good cheer that got me through," she said after the race.
2. A high school senior who was suspended for asking Miss America out during a school assembly told Tamron he knew he would get in trouble.
"I had looked at it like, this was a now-or-never type thing. This was a once-in-a-lifetime chance,” Patrick Farves said. “I can totally understand and respect the disciplinary actions that had to be taken.”
3. This season’s “Voice” coaches sat down with Carson to reveal how they work together, and Blake Shelton took the opportunity to address the tabloids that have suggested his marriage is rocky.
“I've never felt a stronger bond with...not only with her but with any other human being in my life," he told Carson. "Miranda and I — she's my life."
4. How well do you think you could identify a criminal? Jeff Rossen set up a social experiment where individuals witnessed a crime and were asked to pick out the perpetrator — and the results were surprising.
5. Al is clearly still in vacation mode. This morning he added a little song and dance to his weather report. Oh how we missed you, Al!
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!