1. Matt was 7 years old when Muhammad Ali became the heavyweight champion of the world, but it was what Ali did outside the ring that had a lasting impression on our anchor.
“This is perhaps the most famous man in the world, and he could easily still make it all about himself,’’ Matt said. “And yet, he chooses to live his life in a way that makes it all about others.”
2. Dr. Oz stopped by to teach Matt – and all of TODAY’s male viewers – a very important lesson: how to do a self-exam for testicular cancer.
3. Charles Keller, a massive fan of the 1960s Batman TV show, helps sick children feel like superheroes.
Watch him play make believe with 4-year-old Ezra, also known as Batman:
4. Martha Stewart made decadent desserts this morning, including red velvet cake, chiffon cake with strawberries and cream and margarita cheesecake. Yes, the cheesecake involves booze.
5. When Throwback Thursday and No-Shave November collide, the mustaches fly. The anchors remembered their favorite pop culture ‘staches, from Tom Selleck to Richard Rountree.
Who sported your favorite?
6. Tune in tomorrow for a puppy party! Yes, that means a lot of puppies – in our studio. Well, if we hit 2 million Twitter followers, that is.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!