1. After falling 70 feet into a mountain crevasse in the Himalayas, John All recorded his desperate attempt to survive and escape. "I huddled under part of the sleeping bag as well as I could...shivering and slowly dying, waiting for the helicopters to arrive,'' he told TODAY.
2. In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia. "It's really amazing that the BLT all interact like they do,'' the sanctuary manager said. “As far as we know, this is the only BLT in the world.”
3. TODAY got a dose of country this morning as a “chiseled” Tim McGraw (Natalie’s words!) performed on the plaza. The country superstar had a special place for the service men and women who happened to be in town for Fleet Week: front and center.
4. Joy and Jenna demonstrated for viewers (and McGraw’s bandmates!) how to get fit with summer drinks and arm-toning workouts as part of this week’s 60-Second Shape-up series.
5. Would you send your baby to a baby spa? You would if it made your child this happy.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!