Get the latest from TODAY
1. Openly gay Olympian Caitlin Cahow, who was selected to the official U.S. presidential delegation for Sochi, told Matt she’s proud to represent our country’s diversity.
"The great thing about the Olympics is that every two years we get the opportunity not only to be inspired by amazing human achievement,” she told Matt, “but to hold the mirror up to our own faces and say, ‘What can we be doing better?’ Because we can be doing better."
2. From Pope Francis’s appointment to the Boston Marathon bombings to the birth of Prince George, TODAY took a look at the top news stories of 2013. What do you think was the most newsworthy event?
3. News broke during the broadcast that Duchess Kate had her cellphone voicemails hacked by staff members of Rupert Murdoch’s News of the World while she was dating Prince William.
It’s the first time a member of the British royal family has been hacked by the media empire.
4. Tessane Chin visited the show to talk about her “Voice” victory, including the opportunity to sing with her idol: Celine Dion. The famous singer had a bit of advice for Chin.
“She asked me if I had kids, and I said, 'No,' and she said, 'Hmm, five years. Wait five years. Get yourself a nice house and stuff first.' I was like, 'OK, Celine said it; I'm gonna do it!'"
5. Ever wonder what the anchors would sound like singing a holiday classic? Here you go (bloopers included):
6. It's neck and neck between "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story" in round three of TODAY's Christmas Movie Face-off bracket. Which holiday classic do you want to see in the finals? Cast your vote!
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!