1. In an exclusive TODAY interview, America’s new United Nations Ambassador Samantha Power discusses her hopefulness about a landmark deal to rid Syria of its chemical weapons, while noting that Syria still faces the threat of military force.
“We wouldn't even be in this discussion about getting rid of Syria's chemical weapons if not for the credible threat of military force,” Power said. “(President Obama) has not taken that threat off the table. I think Russia is aware that that threat still exists. Syria's aware that threat still exists.”
2. In courtroom news, Conrad Murray, the doctor who gave Michael Jackson a fatal dose of propofol, told TODAY exclusively that he felt vindicated by the jury's decision that concert promoter AEG Live was not negligent in the death of Michael Jackson.
"My immediate reaction was one of tears; certainly, I cried," said Murray, who spoke to Matt Lauer Thursday morning from jail.
3. There’s always drama in the fashion industry, and when it comes to beloved accessories, some founders claim sole creative proprietorship.
Tamara Mellon, the woman who founded the Jimmy Choo shoe company immortalized by “Sex and the City” heroine Carrie Bradshaw, said her business partner, Jimmy Choo, never designed a single shoe for the billion-dollar empire named after him.
“Not one sketch did I get from him. Not one,” she told TODAY correspondent Jenna Bush Hager.
4. Is the scrunchie sneaking its way back into fashion? After designers started taking to the iconic fluffy hairband — with Missoni even going so far as to sell one for $95 — TODAY’s crew rocked the retro look. Will it catch on?
"There's a reason we're bringing back the scrunchie — because we love them," declared TODAY’s Natalie Morales.
5. Robin Quivers, Howard Stern’s famous radio sidekick, is now happily cancer-free, which she credits to her new healthy lifestyle.
"I feel fantastic," she said. "I've been declared cancer-free for about three or four months now. It's just a matter of still recovering at home, past all that treatment that kept me out of the studio for this long. But I've been feeling really good.”
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!