1. Before you head to your company’s holiday party, consider this: You may be drunker than you think when the soiree finishes.
Jeff Rossen conducted a social experiment with volunteers, proving most people’s judgment is impaired when they decide to get behind the wheel of a car.
2. Today is the busiest delivery day of the year (thank you, online shopping!). Janet Shamlian caught a ride on one of UPS’s signature brown trucks to get a first-hand look:
3. When asked to make a public service announcement for a school assignment, two Colorado teens chose a topic that surprised their teacher: eating disorders.
“When little girls see ‘You are Beautiful,’ they will realize they’re not alone,” said one woman who struggled with bulimia as a child.
4. A group of first responders has found a way to transform tragedy into a way to help others, starting WishGivers, a non-profit that helps other first responders.
"They have to compartmentalize because they're trained to not feel so you can do your job," the non-profit's co-founder said. "How do you compartmentalize when it's your own child?"
5. Is there a holiday film you can't get through the season without watching? Maybe "Home Alone" or "It's a Wonderful Life?" Then check out our Christmas Movie Face-off Bracket.
We’ll update it daily, so stay tuned for the big announcement: the greatest Christmas movie of all time.
And that's TODAY's Takeaway!