1. The Florida dad who kicked his son off a skateboard ramp in a now-viral video told TODAY it "was my poor attempt at trying to help him overcome his fear." Marcus Crossland added that, "It was a bonehead decision."
2. Mom and mogul Jessica Simpson explained to Savannah why she’s good at designing clothes for women.
"I think that I can relate to every woman out there. I have been every size there is, so I know how to dress every body type,” she said.
3. Our own Willie Geist and his father, journalist Bill Geist, are tackling the big father-son topics — retroactively — in their new book, "Good Talk, Dad."
The pair adorably chatted about the late-in-life topics with Savannah.
4. Savannah started the morning with a case of the Mondays.
When discussing the Triple Crown bid, Willie let it slip that she thought "nasal strip" was the name of a competing horse (instead of what racehorse California Chrome was attempting to use to aid its run).
5. Joy Bauer and Jenna Wolfe have teamed up to help TODAY viewers lose weight ahead of tank-top season. And in only 60 seconds!
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!