1. Elliot Rodger’s parents have not brought themselves to read the rage-filled, 137-page manifesto left by their son after he allegedly killed six people nearly a week ago, a family friend told TODAY.
"The feeling of knowing that it was our son’s actions that caused the tragedy can only be described as hell on earth," his parents wrote in a statement.
2. In an exclusive interview with NBC’s Brian Williams, Edward Snowden said that he has no relationship with Russia and that he would like to return home.
The interview attracted attention across social media, with Americans divided on whether the fugitive is a #Patriot or #Traitor, but leaning toward patriot.
3. To celebrate Lassie's visit to the Orange Room this morning, the anchors shared pictures of themselves with their first (or current) pets.
Do you have a picture with your pet? Upload it on our Facebook page!
4. In his first live appearance on TODAY, actor John Malkovich said one job in particular stood out before he became a Hollywood standout.
"I did enjoy especially (driving) the school bus for Solomon Schechter Day School, outside of Chicago," he told Tamron.
5. There’s science behind bacon’s amazing smell.
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway!