King Charles III and Queen Camilla made history as they made their Buckingham Palace balcony debut alongside their blended family.
Following the coronation of Charles and Camilla at Westminster Abbey May 6, the king and queen made an appearance on the balcony at the palace, a tradition over the recent decades for the royal family after notable events like weddings and the Trooping the Colour parade.
As the Royal Air Force performed a pared down fly-over to accommodate for the inclement weather, the newly crowned king and queen were joined by several members of Camilla’s family, as well as the couple’s pages of honor and members of the royal family.
Who would be on the balcony, and who wouldn't be, was a question in the weeks leading up to the coronation. Now we know. Read on to see the official coronation balcony guest list.
Who appeared on the balcony with King Charles III and Queen Camilla?
Charles and Camilla were joined by several members of the royal family and relatives of the king, including:
- William, Prince of Wales
- Catherine, Princess of Wales
- Prince George
- Prince Charlotte
- Prince Louis
- Anne, Princess Royal, sister of Charles
- Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, the second husband of Anne
- Prince Edward, Duke of Edinburgh, brother of Charles
- Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, Edward’s wife
- Lady Louise Windsor, daughter of Edward and Sophie
- James, Earl of Wessex, son of Edward and Sophie
- Princess Alexandra, Honorable Lady Ogilvy, Charles’ second cousin
- Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, Charles’ second cousin
- Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, Charles’ second cousin
- Brigitte, Duchess of Gloucester, Richard’s wife
- Master Nicholas Barclay, page of honor and grandson of Charles’ second cousin, Sarah Troughton, Lord-Lieutenant of Wiltshire
Several members of Camilla’s family joined the king and queen on the balcony, including:
- Annabel Elliot, her sister
- Master Gus and Master Louis Lopes, her daughter Laura Lopes’ twin sons
- Master Freddy Parker Bowles, her son Tom Parker Bowles’ son
- Master Arthur Elliot, her great-nephew
Various acquaintances of the king and queen also appeared on the balcony, including:
- Lord Oliver Cholmondeley, page of honor and son of Marquess of Cholmondeley and the former Rose Hanbury, the Marchioness of Cholmondeley
- Master Ralph Tollemache, page of honor and son of one of Charles’ godsons
- Fiona Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marchioness of Lansdowne
Who didn’t appear on the balcony with the king and queen?
There were several members of the royal family who went to the coronation but who did not appear on the balcony including:
- Prince Harry, who attended the coronation ceremony
- Prince Andrew, who also attended the coronation
- Princess Beatrice, daughter of Andrew and Sarah
- Princess Eugenie, daughter of Andrew and Sarah
- Peter Phillips, Anne's son
- Savannah Phillips, Peter's daughter
- Zara Tindall, Anne's daughter
- Mike Tindall, Zara's husband
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York and Andrew's ex-wife said she wasn’t invited to the coronation. Meghan, Duchess of Sussex remained at home in California with her two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet