Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
In a large pot, combine the potatoes with water to cover generously. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but slightly resistant when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Drain and cool, but do not peel. When cool, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, celery, celery seeds, chives, mustard, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss gently until evenly coated. Taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with the parsley and chives. Serve cold.
For this salad, the red skins are left on the potatoes for extra color and texture.
This salad is perfect with cold roasted chicken.
This may be prepared 1 day in advance through step 3 and refrigerated. Taste for seasoning before serving.