- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Shallots, peeled, minced
- 6 Clove garlic, peeled, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 Tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 lbs. Mahogany, cockles or any baby clams
- 2 Tbsp. white wine
- 1/2 Cup clam juice
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. rough chopped flat parsley
- 1 lbs. Linguine pasta cooked al dente
In a non-reactive large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and chili and sauté 2 minutes (be careful not to brown). Add clams and wine, cook 1 minute. Add clam juice and butter, raise heat and bring to a boil. Add cooked pasta and parsley and toss. Serve.
If more liquid is needed, reserve 1 cup of salted, pasta cooking liquid and add to completed dish.