What do you do after the trailer for a movie you never made gets 20 million hits on YouTube? That's a question Jimmy Kimmel had to answer after his "Movie: The Movie" star-studded parody racked up huge numbers of clicks following its post-2012 Oscars premiere.
But he knew what had to be done: Make another one!
"When you have a big success in Hollywood, there's only one reasonable thing you can do, and that is is cheapen it with a sequel," he told his "Live!" audience Sunday night after the 2013 awards fest. Then he premiered ... "Movie: The Movie: 2V."
Yet again the world is in danger, and it's up to Kimmel to organize the forces of good to save everybody. But this time there's no meteor hurtling toward the planet -- instead, sexy, deadly vampires, mummies and leprechauns have unleashed the "sexpocalypse," and no one is safe. Kimmel plays the double-eyepatch-wearing leader of an "Avengers"-esque task force that is the Earth's only hope.
Here's what you can expect from the 7-minute-plus trailer:
- Jessica Chastain, watching the carnage, noting "Teenage girls and their weird moms don't stand a chance."
- Gerard Butler imitating Liam Neeson's fierce, family-saving character from "Taken."
- Brian Cranston playing the piano with his face.
- John Krasinski morphing into a crime-fighting crustacean. "It's shrimpin' time," he gloats.
- President Oprah Winfrey.
- Kimmel's nemesis Matt Damon, in a full-body motion-capture suit eating a sandwich, kind of.
- Amanda Seyfried singing and breakdancing in a "Les Miserables" dress.
- A giant Channing Tatum saving the world.
- Samuel L. Jackson toppling over an even more enormous Jenga game, also to save the world.
Yes, there's some swearing, but it's bleeped out. And, as Kimmel promises at the end of the video, Monday night's show will feature "a special behind-the-scenes look at the making of 'Movie: The Movie: 2V' for film buffs."
"Jimmy Kimmel Live!" airs weeknights at 11:35 p.m. on ABC.