Habañero Chile-Mango Sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded, chopped habañero chile
- 1/4 teaspoon Roasted-Garlic Puree
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Jerk Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon Dry Rub Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Jimmy’s Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- 1/4 teaspoon Angel Dust Cajun Seasoning
- Nonstick vegetable spray
To prepare the chile-mango sauce, heat the oil over high heat in a small nonstick sauté pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add the chile and garlic puree and cook for an additional minute. Transfer the mixture to a blender along with the mango, water, honey, salt, and pepper, and puree until smooth. Pour the sauce into a small container, stir in the cilantro, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, or overnight until needed.
To prepare the wings, remove the wing tip at the first joint and discard or reserve for another use, such as making chicken stock. Cut the remaining portion into two sections by cutting through the joint. Each wing will yield two pieces.
Season the chicken wings with 1 tablespoon of the jerk seasoning. Place the chicken in a plastic resealable bag and add the jerk marinade, coating all the pieces evenly. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
These wings are grilled, though they can be baked at 375 degrees for 25 minutes on one side and then 15 minutes on the other.
Serve with the chile-mango sauce.