3 pounds large shrimp (about 48) peeled and deveined, leaving the tail intact
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
Place all shrimp in a large bowl and toss with marinade. Marinate for at least 3-6 hours ahead of grilling.
- 1 cup excellent quality balsamic vinegar
Place balsamic vinegar in stainless steel sauce pan and bring to a simmer, turn heat down to low setting and reduce for 20-30 minutes. You should end up with less than 1/4 cup or approximately 2 ounces of glaze. Glaze should be thick enough to coat back of spoon but not sticky and thick.
Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini and Summer Squash
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned arugula lettuce
- 1 quart multi colored sweet cherry tomatoes (any variety)
- 1/2 red onion cut into small dice
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 4 each zucchini and yellow squash sliced lengthwise and grilled, then cut into 1/2-inch bias strips
Combine all ingredients, add herbs last and dress salad with desired amount.
Set grill 10 minutes before cooking to highest setting. When ready to grill, remove shrimp from marinade, let drain for 2 minutes, “do not pat dry”, and grill shrimp for 2 minutes turning quickly so they cook evenly. When done, before removing from grill, brush shrimp with balsamic glaze with desired amount. Serve extra balsamic glaze on the side to guests.
Do not leave shrimp on grill longer than desired doneness with glaze; shrimp might burn and stick due to the sweetness of the glaze).