- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne fresh basil leaves
DIRECTIONS Prepare grill with hot charcoal. Soak the corn in a large bowl of salted water for about 15 minutes. When the coals are hot, grill the corn for about 10-15 minutes, covered, turning it often to keep it from burning. Set aside to cool.
When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
In a large bowl, toss the kernels of corn with the red onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Season to taste and serve cold or at room temperature.