- 2 each lamb rack, french trimmed (6 bones)
- 1 oz ground coffee
- 8 each freshwater crayfish tails, raw and peeled
- 1 tbsp. jerk marinade
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 oz pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 oz red onion, diced
- 1 oz. red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- Scotch Bonnet pepper, chopped, to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Season the crayfish with the jerk marinade and sauté for two minutes in a hot non-stick pan. Remove and chill. With a long thin knife make an incision 1 inch wide right through the eye of the lamb racks. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and then sprinkle with the coffee. Stuff the crayfish into the hole through the lamb racks, 4 in each. Sear the lamb on all sides in a hot pan, place in a medium oven and roast for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140 F.
(The lamb should remain pink inside.) Remove and keep warm. Mix all remaining ingredients for the salsa. Season with salt & pepper. Carve the lamb between each bone and present on the salsa. Accompany with parsley potatoes and fresh vegetables.