Serving size: 2 tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 2 apples)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Add chicken to pan; saute 7 minutes or until golden. Remove the chicken from pan; keep warm.
Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add apple; cook 6 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla.
Total time: 35 minutes
CALORIES 454 (25 percent from fat)
FAT 12.6g (sat 3.8g, mono 6.1g, poly 1.5g)