Your daily beauty regimen doesn't have to cost you a fortune. You can head to your local drugstore and get products that work just as well, or even better, for just under 10 bucks! Suze Yalof Schwartz of Glamour magazine shares the ten must-haves under $10.
1. Revlon Nail Enamel in Coral Me Wild ($5): The ideal pedicure color for a party. It stays on long and doesn't chip.
2. L'Oreal Paris Endless Kissable Lipcolour in Mulberry Kiss ($10): To prevent color bleed (a risk with any bright lip shade, bargain or not), makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Andersen dusts on translucent powder, then adds more lipstick. Simply apply it to your lips and let it set for 1-2 minutes before pressing lips together; it'll stay on for up to 8 hours. Remove with an oil-based makeup remover.
3. N.Y.C. New York Color Wheel Mosaic Powder in Pink Cheek Glow ($5): Pressed powders made up of four soft hues that enhance your cheek bones. This is great for fair skin ... just use an extra-light touch, so cheeks don't compete with lips.
4. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers for Eyes in Pebble ($8): This is a lightweight formula that's gentle and non-irritating. It's safe enough for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Another benefit of this product is it's crease-proof, fade resistant and free of dyes and oils. Dust in the creases and outer corners of eyes.
5. Maybelline New York Expert Eyelash Curler ($5.50): A favorite of Troy Surratt, who did make up for LeAnn Rimes at the Red Dress Show. “Think of lashes as an awning; lift them and the eye instantly looks bigger,” he says. A must-have beauty tool for every woman who wants to have big beautiful lashes.
6. Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black ($6.50): Hands down the best mascara on the market. Applies smoothly without clumps and stays on for hours. It conditions as it thickens, and is safe for contact lens wearers
Skin care7. Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly ($4): “The best way to remove eye makeup,” raved pro Linda Cantello. It's also an all-purpose skin care product that's hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. It can do everything from removing makeup and healing dry skin to providing protection for minor burns. A staple in medicine cabinets since 1870.
8. Aquaphor Healing Ointment ($6): This product is not just for babies, it's for adults as well. The multi-purpose product can be used to heal dry and cracked skin, and helps reduce healing time. Dermatologists recommend this product to soothe and protect the skin. It's fragrance- and preservative-free.
9. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer ($6): You can unlock the secret to a natural glow by using this Jergens product. Use it daily and you'll see results in one week. It's formulated with a unique blend of non-drying erythrulose, DHA and essential moisturizers to give you a natural glow, without the streaking or orange coloration often experienced with self-tanners.
Hair care10. Psssssst Instant Spray Shampoo ($6): This shampoo was popular in the 1970s and it's been revised. It's a quick shampoo that doesn't require water; a convenient and quick way to freshen up your hair. At the Red Dress Show, Kevin Ryan was spraying Nelly Furtado's hair with this dry shampoo.