- 2 bags (12 ounces each) frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 container (21-ounce) apple pie filling, Comstock
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, C&H
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, McCormick
- 1 roll (18-ounce) prepared sugar cookie dough, Pillsbury
- Vanilla ice cream, Dreyer’s
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix berries, apple pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon.
Transfer fruit mixture to an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely. Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp, and juices bubble thickly, about 45 minutes.
This is easy, easy, easy and delicious, delicious, delicious. You’ll look and feel like a professional baker when this beautiful dessert comes out of the oven. If the filling bubbles over a bit in baking, leave it — it adds a mouthwatering appeal. I let it cool just a little and serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.