AL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS CONTEST
Official RulesNovember 25, 2005
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. You must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing within the 50 United States (residents of Puerto Rico and Guam are excluded from entry and participation) who is 18 years of age or older as of November 25, 2005. Contest begins on November 25, 2005, at 8:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends on December 7, 2005, at 3:00 PM EST.
2. TO ENTER: To enter, make an original VHS videotape of your home's outdoor holiday decorations, at nighttime, no longer than one minute in length in which you appear with your holiday decorations outside of your home and in which you tell us why Al Roker should come to your home to broadcast the weather for TODAY (the "Video"). You may appear alone or with your family.. Videos must not include any music or singing. Videos must be original, truthful, unpublished, created solely by the submitting entrant, must not have been submitted in any other competition, and must not infringe upon any rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, and rights of privacy and publicity. In addition, you must be the owner or legal lessee of the home or property depicted in the Video. All Videos become the property of the NBC Universal, Inc. ("NBC") and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any Video that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, is deemed defamatory, harassing or otherwise inappropriate for broadcast will be disqualified. By entering, you agree that your Video may be broadcast on TODAY (in whole or in part) and agree that if selected as a finalist you agree to appear during a segment of TODAY featuring the finalists homes, in TODAY's sole discretion. You also agree that if selected as the winner, you will allow Al Roker and a TODAY Show crew to broadcast the weather from your home and that you and your family may appear during that broadcast, in TODAY's sole discretion. Limit one entry per household. Multiple entries received from any household will void all such additional entries. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, postage due or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Mailing Instructions: Print your name, address, telephone number (daytime and evening) and email address on a label affixed to your Video. Send the Video with the label to the following address: TODAY, NBC, c/o Al Be Home For Christmas Contest, 30 Rockefeller Center, New York, New York 10112. All entries must be received by 3:00 PM Eastern Time on December 7, 2005.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER AND ELIGIBILITY: Three (3) finalists will be selected by TODAY ("judges") on a rolling basis as eligible entries are received, beginning on November 25, 2005. The judges will select the entries based on the following criteria in their sole discretion: 50% creativity, 25% appearance of the decorations and 25% suitability for broadcast. The Videos of the 3 finalists or other video of the finalists' homes shot by or for TODAY, in TODAY's sole discretion, will be broadcast on TODAY on or about December 13, 2005, or on another date chosen by TODAY, and/or posted on today.msnbc.com in TODAY's sole discretion. After the three finalists' Videos are broadcast, TODAY viewers will be asked to visit the TODAY Web Site at www.today.msnbc.com and vote for a winner, i.e., the home from which the voter would most like to see Al Roker broadcast the weather. All votes must be submitted between the time and date that the Videos are broadcast on TODAY and the announced end-time for the vote ("Voting Period"), currently scheduled for 6:00 PM (EST) December 14 , 2005 , but subject to change in TODAY's sole discretion. Each viewer may vote only once. Multiple votes received from any email address during the Voting Period will be voided. The finalist who receives the most votes by the date and time specified on the website will be announced as the winner on TODAY on December 15, 2005, or on another date chosen by TODAY, in TODAY's sole discretion. The 3 finalists may, in the sole discretion of TODAY, appear on the TODAY show on that date, and the winning finalist may be announced live during the broadcast of the show. If there is a tie (if two finalists receive an equal number of votes by viewers), the winner will be selected by TODAY judges, and will be in the sole discretion of TODAY. If the winner is disqualified or otherwise unable to fulfill the requirements asked of them, the finalist receiving the second largest number of votes by the date and time specified on the website will be declared the winner. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the judges and/or NBC, whose decisions are binding and final. Winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within three (3) days of notification. If any finalist notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the finalist will be disqualified, and an alternate finalist winner will be selected by the judges from the remaining eligible entries. Employees of NBC and its respective advertising and promotion agencies, its parent, subsidiary and joint venture companies, and members of employees' immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and members of the households of any of the above are not eligible.
4. PRIZE: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded consisting of the following: On December 16, 2005, or on another date chosen by TODAY, in TODAY's sole discretion, Al Roker and a crew from TODAY will broadcast the weather from the winner's home. Finalists agree that they will not materially alter their holiday decorations as they appear in the Video once the Video is submitted. This prize cannot be transferred by Winner or redeemed for cash and there can be no substitution of prize by winner. Al Roker visit has no monetary value.. Winners must be willing and able to permit a crew from TODAY to enter their homes and property with the equipment necessary to tape the weather segment for broadcast on TODAY (the "Footage") and agree that the Footage is owned by NBC and may be broadcast by NBC at any time. NBC reserves the right to pre-empt, reschedule or cancel the broadcast from the winner's home in the event of breaking news as determined in TODAY's sole discretion.
5. DISCLAIMER: Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases NBC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, from any such liability. NBC is not responsible for entries that are stolen, misdirected, lost, late, damaged, or postage due. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice and use and exploit the Submission for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, without notice, review or approval by winner and without additional compensation. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this contest or permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these rules.
6. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: For the names of the finalists, tune into TODAY on December 13, 2005, or log onto today.msnbc.com on December 13, 2005. For the name of the winner, tune into TODAY on December 15, 2005.