Six people remain in the hospital after an accident caused chlorine gas to fill part of a Tyson Foods Inc. plant in northwest Arkansas.
Company spokesman Gary Mickelson said Thursday that none of the six are in intensive care. More than 170 were taken to the hospital Monday morning after someone accidentally poured a chlorine solution into a drum of mixed acids.
That caused a chemical reaction to create chlorine gas, which can be toxic.
Federal investigators and the company continue to investigate how the accident happened.
Many chicken plants use water mixed with chlorine to cool and clean chickens before they are processed. Experts say adding acid to the water separately can make the chlorine more effective.