Sure, you think you know all about Santa, but do you really? Here are six little-known facts we discovered thanks to Jenna Wolfe's conversation with the folks who care more about the big guy in red than anyone else: Children.
1. Know the reason behind the season.
The story of Christmas? "Jesus was born and as he got older he wanted friends so he made Santa Claus."
It's in the Bible, people, look it up. Actually, don't look it up. Just, um, take this kid's word for it.
2. The first rule of mistletoe: Don't talk about mistletoe.
"It's some sort of plant, and if you put it over someone's head..."
"DON'T SAY IT!!!"
Remember: Only YOU can prevent the dreaded spread of cooties this holiday season.
3. Marilyn was right. Blondes have more fun.
What color was Santa's beard before it went white? "Blonde."
But was he a Gwyneth blonde or more of a Brad Pitt circa "Legends of the Fall" blond? Oh the mysteries hidden in that beard!
4. What we know for sure: Fun guy, not the healthiest eater.
Who is Santa?
"He is a jolly man. He eats like five billion cookies every night."
Flying sleigh, magical reindeer, breaking into homes across the world to deliver presents — yeah, no biggie. But his cookie intake is seriously impressive.
5. The true story behind the elves. George R.R. Martin, get on this.
Yes, Santa is married. Does he have children? "The elves are their kids." "It's a mixed breed of human and magical short people."
6. OK kids, you lost me with the magical short people but I'm with you on this one.
What are the holidays all about?
"It's all about happiness and niceness. It's not just about the presents."