Now, for more than $3,000 you could find out. That's how much you'll have to outbid in the current eBay auction that offers lunch with Assange and Slovenian philosopher, Slavoj Žižek.
Eight lucky winners of the auction — which ends in three days and currently has 30 bids — can look forward to this, according to the auction discription:
The lunch will be from 12 - 3pm on Saturday 2nd July at one of London's finest restaurants. The meal will be followed by a Frontline Club event. from 4pm - 6pm at The Troxy in East London where these two formidable forces will be discussing the impact of WikiLeaks on the world and what it means for the future.
Also, desperate. It seems that online shop WikiLeaks launched on the e-commerce platform Spreadshirt — to sell various WikiLeaks-branded merchandise — isn't payin' the bills.
He should've gone with Cafe Press. Sigh. And with 30 bids and three days left to the auction, it seems eBay isn't working out so well for our International bad boy, either. How soon we forget.
"Seriously, there have been so many transgressors since the rape accusations against Assange dragged down the public debate on rape and victim blaming, aided by Assange's own douchey pronouncements, that we'd almost forgotten about our pale-haired friend," reminds Jezebel's Irin Carmon, who compiled this "refresher on some of his most memorable utterances":
- His OKCupid profile advertised a "passionate, and often pig headed activist intellectual" who "seeks siren for love affair, children and occasional criminal conspiracy." He also likes "women from countries that have sustained political turmoil. Western culture seems to forge women that are valueless and inane. OK. Not only women!"
- He referred to Sweden as "the Saudi Arabia of feminism." (You can ask him whether Saudi Arabia is, in fact, the Saudi Arabia of feminism.)
- He once wrote of one encounter, "This conversational brutality took her breath away and she swooned. I was exactly what she secretly longed for; a man willing to openly disagree with her father."
- "I'm wearing you." Ugh.
Break open those piggy bank, gals!
More on the annoying way we live now:
- WikiLeaks: Bradley Manning's forgotten Facebook page
- WikiLeaks people defect to Openleaks
- Mostly everything from WikiLeaks in 3 minutes